Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Finally






When Jim and I decided to replace our pool, we also decided to have professional installation.  Apparently everyone in the tri-state area also decided this.  The kid we hired came highly recommended.  And even if he didn’t, he was willing to say he would get to it this year and everyone else told me they were booked up until October.  I have lived in Kansas my entire life, and I am positive that a pool in October wouldn’t do me a bit of good!   Anyway Pool man Dawson told us he could get here around the first of June (this was in April).  It was later than I wanted, but it ended up working out ok because again, everyone in America apparently decided to order a pool.  We got lucky.  If we had waited 1 week, we would  not have a pool.  As it was, it took 5 weeks for it to ship here!  The pool arrived around the first of June.  Pool man Dawson did not.  He has been promising he would come “next week” every week.   He finally said it was our turn!   The kids doubted he would show.  Bunch of doubting Thomases.  Not only did the pool man show up, he has us all set up today too!   Tonight we are filling it!  Pool man Dawson will be back tomorrow to install the skimmer and filter and then we will be all set!  Of course, we ordered a different size than before, so we will be building the deck up a little bit more.  But it is beautiful and exciting!  And just in the nick of time too because The Kansas covid numbers are skyrocketing.  We now know several people with cases and multiple families who are quarantined.  

I was also tickled to get some pictures of Volt from Spencer.  Looks like he is really growing!  

Cameron was officially released from his quarantine today.  He told me he was going to visit Lauren. I was a little bit busy when he told me, I was in the middle of cooking dinner, and getting directions from the pool man, and the girls were beyond chatty and excited today!   I jokingly told him to have fun, and take Lauren a potato, because we are against famine.  About an hour later, I received this picture.  I need to remember that Cameron actually listens to my weird suggestions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment