Thursday, July 2, 2020

Firecracker sellers

When I was a child, my parents often told me I needed to learn when to keep my mouth shut.  It was a lesson I never did learn.  Sorry mom and dad...you failed.  Sometimes I have been the voice of reason, sometimes I have said the right things at the right times.  Mostly though, I just end up working.  I can never shut up and blend in when it is time to work it seems.  Which is how a small comment on the fair board group text translated into having to work in the fireworks stand.  Honestly, this time, I am actually happy to help.  The current fair board is fun, and works tirelessly to help the fair and our kids.  Plus, Quincy and Harper are a little bit tired of being home, so they readily helped me and it was sort of fun.  Sort of warm, and sweaty too though.  



In addition to fireworks, they are also selling sweet corn.  Quincy got to be the corn sorter.  She had a good time.  The goats and chickens were happy too, as we brought home all the shucks!  :)  

This morning when I stopped to pick up my buddy, she was beautifying Mallory's sidewalks.  She was not too happy to stop either!  She has really got some sass, which I think is hilarious!  

I told her she can't spit - you know pandemic and stuff.  She does what she wants.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment