Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Mid-week update

 


Cameron started his classes at KSU this week.  He is a junior (already).  He told me that he thinks things are going as expected.  He reported to me that the professor in his first class of the year started off by giving them all a butt-chewing.  He told them that if he was going to risk his life, and the lives of his children, that the students better knock off the parties and take the safety protocol seriously.  Cameron said he understands where the guy is coming from.  Cameron also said that he doesn't feel many people are 'that worried about it.'  He is worried, he wants to stay in person and not be forced online.  Cameron was also quoted on the news, both Kansas City and the USA today.  He is upset that the university has charged all their students online learning fees, regardless of if they chose the online option.  It is a way to make up for the decline in enrollment.  He said he would not mind as much if this fee was going to the professors, but it isn't.  It is a way for the university to increase tuition without going through the board of regents.  I was amused by the comments section of the KMBC 9 news page calling these kids names and saying if you want an education, you have to pay for it.  Apparently they did not read the article, or pay attention to the part where Cameron was just saying it was not an option that he chose, it is like being billed for a service you don't have.   Anyway, I hope he stays safe and I am always proud of him.  Standing up for what you believe in sometimes isn't easy.  
Grandma sent me this photo.  If they are chopping corn, it is time to go back to school.  As both a summer lover, and on overthinker on the covid 19 school reopening, I can say NOOO!  I am not ready!  Usually, by this time of the summer, my kids have started bickering and are bored with summer stuff.  This year, I can say nobody is ready to face the year.  I change my mind daily on whether we should send the kids or keep them home.  Honestly, I have tried to 'follow the science,' have tried to read as much as I can about it, but that doesn't make the decision any easier.  Jim and I are legitimately struggling to make this choice.  This might be the hardest thing we have ever had to decide.  Luckily, we have each other, and mostly agree.  I have a bus meeting tomorrow, and aim to get some answers for the questions I have looming in my brain.  

Madison is currently off work, but still has her evening cook job at the bar.  Evelyn stayed with us yesterday afternoon.  The younger girls went shopping with Mallory.  Preston was working on his car.  Quincy was busy with studying for the driver's test she will be taking (again - ahem)  this week.  Poor Evelyn kept ringing the dog's door bell and saying "svimmm please!"  When Harper and Saige got back, I made them swim with her for a little while.  Evelyn is a 10 minute swimmer!  We also think it is hilarious because she says 'swim' with a funny little accent.  I just love this little baby girl!  

Preston and Andrew got the 'new' car running last night.  It needed a new brake line.  They also did a few other things to it.  It still needs a muffler, but that will be next on the list.  Preston sold his van to Quincy, and proclaimed that he will be driving the Honda now.  Of course, Quincy has yet to pass the driving test, so she has a van but no license.  :)  I am thankful for Andrew helping Preston.  I am happy for how close they are.  



No comments:

Post a Comment