Friday, August 14, 2020

Day 3 easy street









We are done with all our showing for the week. That meant we just had to watch goats and hang out.  I went to work.  I had Preston take the girls in and do the fair chores while I was at work. It was awesome!   Work=sit down in the air conditioning!!!   

We bounced in and out checking goats to make sure they didn’t spill their water.  We had a little time to relax and Carlos even got in a nap or 2.  Naps are his favorite!   The girls went fishing at the city lake, which is directly behind the fairgrounds. Saige baked cookies, and they all found time to swim.  It was a nice, relaxing day.  Normal times would have meant the band booster annual picnic and parade performance preview.  And float designing.  And setting up or working events and half a dozen other things.  We just have to stay thankful for the things we are able to do. It does no good to dwell on the stuff we aren’t doing.  

I was happy to hear from both of the big boys today.  Cameron told me as an RA he has a once a week shift working the front desk.  His shift is from midnight to 3:00 am on Friday nights.  I guess this means he’s not the high dog on the RA list?   He also sent me a photo he found in an old year book.  Hey - I know that guy!  

Colin was being quarantined this week due to his journeyman being sick.  He thought it would be fun to go off grid camping by himself, but he only lasted 2 days.  Today he found out the journeyman was negative so he can go back to work!   He had today off though so he spent the day working on a dump truck with Spencer’s dad. I’m really glad that it worked out the way it did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment