Sunday, August 16, 2020

The relaxing day we needed.











No matter how scaled down it was, the fair, plus meetings, Jim’s city council crazy week, and whatever else, made for a long, exhausting week.  Today, we attended mass, and then the fairground clean up time.  I had good intentions of cleaning my house and catching up the laundry. The reality was, I was tired.  The kids and Jim all laid down and were either napping or quietly watching tv, and the next thing I knew it was late afternoon!   I hardly ever nap.  Needless to say my list was not accomplished, and our Sunday dinner turned into family pizza night.   Nobody seemed to mind!  I did catch up the weeks worth of hand dishes and managed to sweep the kitchen floor before the girls got here for dinner!   


Evelyn spent the evening asking for goats.  We took her down to show her that we don’t have any more goats.  She ended up buckled into the stantion. If you can’t see a goat, be a goat I guess.  The kids also had an evening swim with Evie and Patrick (Andrew’s little brother).  They were all having fun and neither Evie nor Patrick wanted to leave.   


Mallory “baby” sat for Carlos while we were at the auction.  She lost him.  She was starting to worry when he popped his little head out of her basket!  He is seriously the cutest little puppy!  He is doing good on his increased calorie diet and seems to be happy and playful.  

Dusty sent me this photo of our girls from last night.  Landrie and Quincy are getting ready to start their freshman year.  It’s so hard for me to see them as “old” kids.  They are so funny and I love their friendship.  Everyone should have a BFF.  

Fairs are fun, but I might have the thought in my head that I’m glad to be finished for this year!   

No comments:

Post a Comment