Sunday, August 23, 2020

Weekends need to be longer










We had a good weekend. Jim had to work quite  a bit. He did pick up Chinese food for us, after the girls and I spent the day cleaning and shampooing carpets.  We like the Hy-vee Chinese pick up.  The family dinner for 4 feeds all 6 of us and isn’t terribly expensive. I also am on record with saying I detest  carpet. Next big projects will be finish the pool deck, and replace flooring.  Not sure if Jim is on board with either project, but I like having lists!  

Carlos is getting big!  I think the extra food to keep him from getting hypoglycemic seizures is making him grow fast!   He’s such a sweet little dog!  Every morning, Jim either has breakfast burritos or sausage.  Carlos has figured out that Jim is very generous at breakfast time! I think it is so funny how the animals all know who is the big softie in the family!  

We had family dinner, and figured out how to keep Evelyn in the pool for more than 10 minutes!  GG!  She loved swimming with her GG! I also watched Evelyn go down the slide no less than 40 times!  She kept saying slide!  Again!  She should sleep good tonight!  Andrew, Preston and Quincy also went fishing at the river.  It was a really good, relaxing day and I’m so thankful.  One week from today will technically be a school night.   Madison, Mallory and I will all have to be ready to go!   We decided that we will be sending the kids back for in person education, but we are going to hold them out for the first 2 weeks.  This will allow us to make sure protocol is being followed, and will give us a chance to see if there is a spike in the numbers. Right now the infection rate in our county is very low.  I feel strongly that kids need to go to school. At this point, our kids have been out of school since March 5.  They miss the schedule, their friends, the time away from each other.  Yes, I know they aren’t going back to the same school that they left behind, and yes I know the risks, and yes I am aware that we will probably end up back in shut down.  But I don’t believe that a vaccine will be ready for a long time. And I don’t know that I will rush out to inject myself or my family with a fast-tracked vaccine.  This is life right now.  It’s sad, it’s a mess, and it’s an absolutely disappointment in the way it has been handled.  We are going to pay close attention, and do the best we can.  

Tonight, Harper and Quincy decided to sleep in Quincy’s van. (They have the windows down). I’m not sure why they want to do this.  I’m not sure it is a good idea at all, but we are allowing it.  Summer is winding down and the time for silly ideas is now!   Saige was a little sad because they said there was not room for her in their van.   That is when Preston suggested that they go “glamping.”  You know, tent sleeping, but in the air conditioning, with tv, and no bugs!  

The kids are also carefully watching over these little baby watermelons.  We have never been successful with growing them before!   Exciting times at our house!   Fingers crossed the squash bugs don’t find them before we get to eat them!  
I wish we had another day!  Weekends never stay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment