Sunday, August 9, 2020

Thankful Sunday



















Today was exactly what I needed to pull myself out of the ‘disappointed with the world’ funk I’ve been in this week.  Today, I focused on the extreme amount of blessings I have in my life.  Although I miss my big boys, I am so happy that the big girls live close enough to do Sunday dinners.   Or in today’s case, Sunday lunch.  Having them all here together is my happy place.  I also love knowing that the boys aren’t all that far away.  We were never disappointed in Madison for moving out of state or anything like that, but we sure are happy they are back.  We are so blessed to be part of our grandchild’s life.  She is a wild woman and she makes all of us laugh.  We also enjoy Andrew, and I love how he has meshed into the family.  

I was thinking today about how our anniversary is coming up.  We will be married for 27 years, together for almost 29.  That is crazy to me. It has gone by so fast!   This man is my rock.  Absolutely none of the stuff we do would be possible without him.  He works tirelessly to make sure we have the things we need, the support we need, and he is also the head of safety around here.   I definitely count him amongst my biggest blessings.  

After church and lunch, Preston went over to help Mallory with a closet project she is doing.  The girls and I enjoyed swimming and sitting outside in the sun.  Something about the sun always makes you feel better about life.  

Six months ago, if you had told me we would own a chihuahua, I would have called you crazy. Now I am completely obsessed.  Carlos is our baby.  He is so sweet.  He seems to be doing much better.   I was so worried.  We are all so in love at this point losing him would be devastating.  

This evening was the fairground clean up night for the upcoming county fair.   The fair is not going to be the event that it usually is.  There is no carnival, no food vendors, no parade, no battle of the bands, no events.  I am sad about it. Of all the things we have missed out on, I love the county fair and hate this one the most. The fairboard has done the best they could.  They are still having the 4-H parts of the fair. The kids still get to show and sell their goats.  This is a blessing.  After this, we will have zero goats to feed and care for during the winter.    
Of course, if we were being honest, I’m not sure if more cleaning, or more screwing around happened this evening!   Quincy and Landrie wrangled a snake and rolled each other around in the trash barrels.   Harper and Saige both disappeared with their friends.  I really did sweep and I saw Preston working!  

Saige took my phone.  I got it back with these cute photos on it. These girls make me laugh. 

We thank Mallory for babysitting while we were at the fairgrounds.   She seems like she liked it too!  
I would love to have a solid week of days such as this one was.   But that isn’t gonna happen now is it?  Back to the grind!   

No comments:

Post a Comment