Saturday, August 22, 2020

Just as bad as I remembered.





A few weeks ago, I was telling the kids about the time they filmed a movie at the Overbrook fair.  I was Quincy’s age when they filmed it.  I remember that I was supposed to be helping my mom run a rabbit show, but instead some friends and I joined in as extras while they tried to keep the carnival rides full.   We rode a lot of rides for free that night.   My mom was not a happy camper!  
When I was telling the kids the story, they wanted to watch the movie.  I laughed because I knew it was pretty bad.  We couldn’t find it online, or on Netflix and when we did find it, it cost $6 to rent.  It was definitely not worth paying for!  


My Facebook post begging to borrow a copy was met by my friend Wade locating a copy.  It finally came in this week.   Preston decided Friday would be “crappy movie night!”   He even googled snacks to have while watching terrible movies.   He went to town to get the crappy snacks too!  

The movie did not disappoint. It is terrible.  Which just made it all the more fun.  We did see the Overbrook fair, and I am positive it was me you can hear screaming from the carnival!   (Because I am famous).  Let’s just say that nobody will be sad when we return this to the library!  

No comments:

Post a Comment