Sunday, December 12, 2021

Contemplation time










It was a very fun-filled weekend.  We had a lot of family time, and made a lot of memories.  It was also exhausting and I am currently sitting down for the first time all day and contemplating a few things.  1- how and why does the weekend always fly by?  Age old question I suppose.
2- why do we cram all the parties, programs, concerts, etc into December?  Wouldn’t a program for Valentine’s Day be ok just one year?   Kidding. Sort of.   The amount of stuff we did last week, and the stuff we have coming up this week is almost overwhelming.  I am not entirely sure we will make it.  
3- pandemics changed a lot of stuff for me.  I’ve always been a bit of a germaphobe, and a homebody. Having everything cancelled was weird, but honestly didn’t bother me that much.  I’m not exactly ready to be in big crowds just yet, but I’m not entirely sure it’s from covid and not just that I liked not going last year.  On that note, I am exceedingly blessed that my kids are happy, healthy and involved in things!   
Saige used my grandma’s recipe and made twinkies this weekend. Her cupcakes didn’t raise very well, so she just frosted them with the filling.  It made me happy to see her try it!  

This morning, at mass, they recognized the alter servers.  I found it amusing that our kids made up 4/5 of the servers!   They were each given some money from a parishioner in Baldwin.  The money is now burning a hole in Saige’s pocket.  
After mass, we had a parish Christmas party.  The girls and I stayed and enjoyed seeing some of my cousins who were in from out of town visiting my aunt and uncle.  Preston and Quincy went to the vineyard, where Bill helped them fix Quincy’s brakes.  

This evening was the 4-H Christmas party.  They had crafts, games, food and it was fun to see everyone.  I tried a new recipe for garlic cheese bombs and there were zero left, which made Quincy sad since she had to work and didn’t go to the party.   She was hoping for leftovers.  Now I need to turn the brain off, and rest up for the next week of chaos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment