Saturday, December 18, 2021

Grandma Chris turned 80!
















Grandma Chris had a birthday this week and turned 80.  We celebrated today with a surprise party!  She seemed legitimately surprised!  It was a nice day and we enjoyed it.  I was very happy to have most of our kids there today!  Always nice to spend an afternoon with them!  We did miss Spencer, Cameron and Lauren!  
This evening a bunch of our kids got together and  went to the zoo lights and winter wonderland.  Confession time- I am so thankful for my big kids taking the littles to do this stuff because I despise it.  The crowds, the waiting, the overwhelming desire to punch someone are all very distressful to me.  Could I suck it up and go?  Sure I could.  But I’m so glad I don’t have to!  Instead, I had a nice evening with Jim.  We got our Christmas shopping all but finished, got all of the candy making supplies, and Christmas dinner makings all picked up.  I was reflecting about past years and how we hadn’t even started shopping at this point.  I’m feeling pretty good about my preparedness level!   Of course, nothing is wrapped, a couple things I ordered aren’t here yet, the food is in the house but not made, and I have no idea what we are giving to our co-workers.  But is that really the point?   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment