Tuesday, December 21, 2021

One of them days









We made it to Christmas break!   I have never been more excited to see a break I don’t think.  I’m thankful that this was a 2 day week of school!  Mallory made plans to watch Evie tonight so that Madison and Andrew could finish shopping and wrap gifts.  Mallory had asked if she could bring Evie out to make ornaments with the girls tonight.  It sounded like a lot of fun, but Jim and I were going to the township Christmas party.  The girls decided they would still make ornaments without us!  I’m glad someone got to do something fun today!  

I have a dam at work that has a sink hole.  The hole was caused by a deteriorating pipe.  Today, I had to meet the state engineer on site so he could document the deficiencies.  People, this month has kicked my butt.   As in I am exhausted to the core of my soul.  So I looked out from the road to the dam and thought, nope…I am not walking down that huge hill and back up again!   So I told the engineer to jump in Jim’s truck and we will drive down.  Turns out, that was a huge mistake.  Jim’s truck is not a 4 wheel drive!   The engineer and I could not get back up to the road!   We tried several different ways and several different times.  Failure. I got to walk out despite my desire to avoid it!   The engineer was gracious to give me a ride back to my office.  The problem was that the truck was still in Vinland, and Jim was at work without a vehicle.  The landowner was kind enough to tell me he would meet me out there this evening and tow me up with his tractor.  That meant no township party for me (or for Jim who was looking forward to eating at the steakhouse).  So this evening, we drove back over there.  I drug Jim along, thankful for all the times he has run out of gas and I have had to rescue him- you know so he can’t hold this over my head!   We got to the site a few minutes before the landowner.  Jim jumped in the truck, and drove straight up the hill.  Of course.  Isn’t that the way it always works?  I am happy to report that Jim just smiled, got in the truck and drove it home.  No words at all about it.  Sometimes he is a very smart man! 
The day kept giving too, so many things went wacky, I can’t even list them all.  Suffice it to say I am majorly elated about the break!  Nicely, my fellow township board members moved our party to tomorrow.  I am excited that we didn’t miss it after all!   Now if we can just settle in, finish Christmas preparations and enjoy the holiday!  
Thanks also to Mallory, who gave Saige and Harper a fun evening despite the chaos!   I appreciate it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment