Monday, December 13, 2021

P & Q concert night












The high school bands had their winter concert this evening.   It was a nice night and the bands sounded pretty good.  Lots of festive holiday music to enjoy.  

When I left the house, Quincy had just run in from wrestling practice and was in the shower.  I had to pick up Mallory and Jim, so I left before she was ready.  When I saw her walk in, I was absolutely shocked!  I do not know the last time I saw this girl wear a dress.  Especially when nobody was forcing her to!   She looked so pretty!  Shout out to Lauren for helping out with her wardrobe!   Preston cleans up pretty nicely as well, but it isn’t as rare!  

Of course, even if she’s prettied up, she’s still my impatient, only gonna stand here for a minute kid!  

Saige and Harper didn’t want to go to the concert, so we allowed them to stay home and  decorate for Christmas. Saige especially has been very concerned that we hadn’t done that yet!  She obviously didn’t go to the school of Larry, you know - lesson 25- Christmas starts on Christmas Eve- why is everyone in such a damn hurry?  Hahahaha!  We aren’t quite finished, but I wanted to do it in steps to see if Minot would leave it alone.  She is in that terrible kitten phase….the part where you think about feeding her to the neighbor’s python.  

Of course, the kids are attached so my snake plans probably won’t happen.  
One funny thing, the band director told a story about a former student.  That student was Cameron.  The boy is famous I guess.  Apparently, one of the songs they played tonight has an amazing tuba part.  Six or so years ago, when Cameron was in band, Cameron found the composer’s number and called him up and told him how much he was enjoying the piece.  The man actually answered his phone, talked to Cameron and then the band director for a good portion of class that day!  The boy really can have a conversation with anyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment