Thursday, December 23, 2021

Random photo drop









Cameron gave a speech at President Myers retirement party.  Cameron really loves this man.  I wish I could have heard the speech.  He and Lauren both seem to have nice things to say about him.   

For years now, we have given the kids some money and sent them into the Dollar Tree and allowed them to buy gifts for each other.  It is a fun, albeit redneck tradition.  I was going to skip it this year, but the kids were pretty sad about that.  So today, we ran to Topeka.  They shopped, we had lunch out, I got my booster shot, and picked up a few groceries that I was unable to find last weekend.   I know that we were warned about supply chain challenges, possible shortages, and an  inability to find certain items long before now, but I am on record with saying the stuff they are out of is just weird.  Jim and I were wanting to get some Christmas candy, the store shelves were wiped out.  Even the “gross” brands were just gone.   We turned a corner, and found Valentine’s Day stuff set out.  I guess the stockings will contain candy hearts and Cupid’s this year. What are ya gonna do?  We also couldn’t find Chex cereal and food coloring….so odd.  I was able to get the chex at Carbondale, and because my husband is tall, he spotted some gel food coloring on a tip-top shelf and was able to reach it (had he not been there we would be having white sugar cookies!).  Is Christmas ruined by this?  Nope. But it is just weird.  For almost 2 years now I have been thinking this odd stuff will resolve itself.  It just hasn’t.  

I decided there would be no more procrastinating the wrapping of the huge pile of boxes today.  I ordered most of the kids gifts online.  I hadn’t even opened the boxes.  I was pleased that almost everything I ordered was delivered and I am almost completely done with the wrapping.   The only wrapping I have left is the things that were in today’s mail.  Tomorrow we clean and start the cooking for the Christmas meal.  I am happy that I had this day off to get so much ready to go!  

I had some other random stuff on my phone.  Evelyn went through a tongs phase for a few days.  She carried these tongs around everywhere.  She used them to pick up toys, tried to use them to eat, and punched us all with them.  It was hilarious.  

Although we shouldn’t, Jim and I eat in town a couple times a week.  Evie loves eating at both TJ’s and at Los Vaqueros.  Whenever we decide to do this, we walk together to the restaurants.  Evelyn loves to watch out the door for Poppy to come out of his office, and then run up the sidewalk to get him!   It’s the sweetest thing ever.  One of the things that I love most is that we both work in town.  Sometimes our evenings are crazy, and we are running separate directions, so it is really important to me to get to spend the lunch hour together.  

Jerry was not happy when we allowed Minot into the family.  As you can see, he has changed his mind about her.  She is a terrible kitty.  I honestly want to choke her half the time. She gets on the counters, has accidents in the dining room, tortures the dog, climbs the Christmas tree,  and refuses to stop climbing our legs when we are eating.  But she is also very sweet and lets Evie do anything to her, she lays in your lap and  purrs and purrs.  We will keep trying to train her I guess. Maybe someday she will be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment