Friday, December 10, 2021

Second day, second place










 
When we start a season, we start a season!  Tonight Quincy wrestled in a tournament at home.  Since it was at home, I didn’t get to drive her team, so I had to drive my route and was late.  We missed her first match, it went to overtime - which is first take down wins.  She said she tripped over her own feet and lost.  She is wrestling really well!  She ended up taking second place!   There were 129 girls wrestling tonight. It thrills me to see girl’s wrestling taking off like it is (newsflash- not every girl likes to play basketball).  The best part of this - if she is taking all her aggression out on kids her own size, she’s not picking on Saige!  (Second newsflash- she doesn’t really have to do much to Saige for Saige to cry the sky is falling).  In the above photos, she came back from being down in points to win by pin.  When she got done, I laughed about how wild she looked.  She’s always been our feral child.  I’m super proud of her work, and super happy to have another opportunity to have a wrestling team to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment