Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Cameron is 22!











Today Cameron turned 22.  We didn’t get to see him, but we did face time him.   We are very lucky that Lauren takes care of him for us.  And I love that she sends me pictures too!   Cameron is doing great things.  He is looking at going to grad school out of state.   He is currently incredibly busy serving on a ton of committees and going to a ton of meetings.  We are very proud of all the stuff he has accomplished.  Watching him grow up has been a joy!  
       I had one of those insane days.  I do not know what I was doing when I made multiple appointments on a holy day, and Jim’s city council night, but clearly I was drinking or something.   I had to get a DOT physical this morning.  I dumped Evie off at GG’s house and ran to a new doctor I am trying out in Baldwin.  I was worried about the DOT physical. I don’t know why, but you know, flunking it would probably mean either losing the bus job, or more appointments.  Nervous about nothing as it turned out.  DOT physicals are literally a vision test, blood pressure check and a urine sample.  Since I get drug tested “randomly” every single time they pick numbers, I am now a professional at urine tests.  I passed.   Wahoo me.   I ran back to get Evie and as we were headed to my office I told her it was Cameron’s birthday. She wanted to face time him and sing.  So we did, except that when he was on the call, she refused to talk. She was pretending to be a dog, complete with panting and barking at him.  He found it amusing I think.
While I was at my doctor appointment, Jim took Saige and Harper to get their second shots.  I feel relieved to finally have them fully vaccinated.    We attended mass for the holy day, ran errands and finally got home.  I realized I had literally been gone for 15 hours.  I am done with this day for sure.  And poor Jim isn’t home as of yet from his council meeting.  What’s that old saying…? momma said there’d be days like this?   Hoping things calm down soon.  

I did manage to snag some winter formal pictures from Preston. He had a good time and they looked really nice.  
Happy birthday Cameron and good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment