Saturday, December 4, 2021

Wild day

















Cameron and Lauren have been enjoying Christmas in Manhattan.  They sent me these cute photos.  
Started out this day with a low tire alarm light on my car.  Luckily, the tire shop had time to squeeze me in.  No time for flats!  
The 4-H took a day to ring bells for the Salvation Army.  Since we were having a family party for Harper  tonight, I gave Quincy the option of covering our shift, or cleaning the house up.  She picked ringing.  I took her over and we picked up her van, which Andrew was gracious enough to fix for her.  She covered the shift, while I grabbed a few things from dollar general, and then hurried home to get ready for the party.  Jim and Preston went to get supplies to build a new chicken house, and were supposed to pick up my Dillon’s order for me. When they got to Dillons, they were told the entire crew for pick ups didn’t show up today and it would be 2 hours!   Jim opted to cancel the order and go inside!   They managed to get all the food for the party, and all the supplies for the chicken house and   made good progress on getting the house built.  

Today is winter formal.  Yesterday, Preston informed me he had a date. In my normal panic caused by late planning children, I asked if he needed to get an outfit.  He said no, his brothers left behind quite a few options for him!   Thank God for older brothers.  He cleaned up nice!   I didn’t get any photos of him with his date.  I’m hoping he has some on his phone. I didn’t have time to run over and take any!   

I asked Harper what she wanted to do for her birthday.  I suggested several options, but she just didn’t want to do any of them.  All she wanted was a family party with lasagna and cake.  Easy enough until I started looking at the calendar.  Today was about the only day we could do it. December is crazy!   So tonight, we celebrated Harper’s 12th birthday.  Crazy how fast she went from a baby to a big kid!   She was thrilled with having crafts,  cake, lasagna and family.  We also put together yet another gingerbread project.  This time, it was a barn provided by the girls RE class.  Let’s just say that although this one did not flop constriction wise, the decorating got a little crazy!  I’m not convinced Evie won’t be throwing up before the night is over!   Although it was a crazy, chaotic day, I am so overwhelmingly happy and blessed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment