Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Deals with children












Preston has become quite talented with woodworking and fixing things.  Tonight, he was sort of being dramatic about not wanting to attend the 4-H meeting.  After hearing him whine for a while, I finally said fine - build me a goat bottle holder without spending any money and you can stay home to work on that while I take the girls to the meeting. I showed him a video of what I had in mind.  He said deal!  He did indeed build the holder, and it is going to be amazing, but he was installing it while we were doing the last feeding.   Tomorrow we will try it out!   If we can get them trained to use it, it will definitely make life easier!  

In the meantime, we have done well getting the babies fed and loved!  Quincy even stayed home to try training them to eat better.  She managed to do all the feedings but when we did the late feed, I’m not convinced that they are trained as of yet!   She is rarely home, I appreciate her efforts!  They are just so little!  Today the girls will do the early feeding, and then my assistant and I will tackle the mid-day feeding.  My assistant is goat crazy!  

Last night, as I was folding the last load of laundry, and getting ready for bed I had a face time call from Cameron.  There was a kitten in the courtyard behind Lauren’s apartment.  The mother had not been there for a couple of days, and the kitten was absolutely yowling.  They wondered what they should do.  It was so loud I could hear it through the phone.   I told them I felt like it needed help, and that it was crying because it was hungry.   Lauren was begging Cameron to crawl down into some hole under her building and save it.  Cameron was saying no, he felt like it wasn’t a problem they needed, plus Lauren is allergic to cats.  I told them I was too far away to help, offered my best kitten raising advice and hung up.  I went to bed.  Lauren sent me the photo of Cameron’s legs hanging out from under the building.  He is a lot like his dad.  They have to hear all the reasons you want to do something, will tell you all the reasons you shouldn’t. But in the end, they are giant softies who will always help you do the things they think you shouldn’t do.  I love that about them.  


The kitten has been saved.  Lauren spent her day looking for a cat rescue. Nobody she called will take the kitty.  So Lauren and her friend are bottle feeding him.  I’ve been amused by this.  My guess is that Cameron now owns a small black kitty, and that his girlfriend will be getting allergy shots.   

Lauren repaid Cameron’s cat rescuing skills by helping out at his dorm’s late night pancake breakfast.  Seems like a good trade to me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment