Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Over is overrated






Did you ever have to take a test you were totally not ready for?  Specifically  one that you knew was coming, but did nothing to prepare yourself for?   Yea….that’s how this week feels to me.  Is it my fault for going crazy over spring break and not even remotely staying on my hard and fast school year schedule?  Absolutely!   Was it a mistake?   Yessir.  Am I sorry?  Sort of.   Would I do it again?  Afraid so.   
Jim is having some sort of insane week filled with meetings.   I haven’t seen him more than 10 minutes all week.  The kids are working, attending stuff for school, attempting to get stuff lined out for graduation, and straightening out classes and college financial aide for next year, and in the middle of all of it, we have bottle fed goats on a schedule, a sick goat in the house, baby rabbits due at the end of the week, projects at work for me that are sucking my brain dry, and absolute bone draining exhaustion from lack of sleep and trying to get back on schedule. Fun times here at our casa.   
Shout out to Preston for making the 4 new bunny nesting boxes we needed before the babies get here.  I appreciate his woodworking skills!  All pregnant does are set up in pens ready for the little ones! I do have to make fun of him for a minute though - he was putting together the cages when he came to get me.  I assumed he didn’t know which ones were bred. Nope - he wanted me to move them around because he thinks rabbits are mean, and he didn’t want to touch them.  What I’m the world? I cannot think of a less terrifying animal.  Whatever- moving them was the easy part!  


But Hope….it’s after 10 - if you’re exhausted why aren’t you going to bed?   Because my sweet Harper played her flute in the league band  concert tonight.  It was in Iola.  Do you know where Iola is located?   Halfway between Oklahoma and kingdom come - that’s where!   She texted at 8 to say they were loading the bus.  Quincy offered to run and pick her up for me, so that I could finish cleaning the kitchen, bottle feed Mr. Mackey and give him his last medications for the day.  I am happy she was willing to help me, but I can’t go to bed until I know they are home safe.  Also, my spouse is MIA - I know they had a special planning and zoning meeting, but for the love,  it’s got to end at some point.  Right?
On an unrelated note, Quincy has enrolled for culinary school at vo-tech next year. It is something she is excited about, and smart because she can do dual credit and the school will pay for some or all of it.   Tonight, she didn’t have to work.  She made fried potatoes with chorizo, and fresh pico de Gallo to serve on top.  It was absolutely amazing.  The pico was some of the best I have ever had!   I think her old friends from the Mexican restaurant would be proud of her!  
Just so I’m clear, this isn’t a complaint post.  I am happy we can do all these things.  I am so blessed to live this life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment