Thursday, March 2, 2023

Program night












It was Saige’s 5th grade music program night.  She and her class did a nice job of presenting “Disney- the movies, the magic.”   At least they all knew the songs!   Saige wasn’t super excited about the program, not because she doesn’t like Disney songs, but because she thought the dance moves they were doing were “cringe.”  I gave her a great boost of confidence by telling her everybody has a dork year in 5th grade.   

Saige is in a class with 2 of her cousins.  At the program I sat between a bunch of my cousins, aunts and uncles.  I’m happy she is growing up with so much family around all the time!   

I’m down to 7 more RE classes, but I found this adorable craft for the transfiguration.   I wish I had seen it years ago.  The kids loved it, and I think it’s pretty awesome!  Also, it was super easy!  It’s Jesus on a flashlight, when you turn the light in he glows.   The internet is absolutely filled with amazing ideas for religion Ed purposes.  I have always loved the craft time with the kids.  Side note - this years class is pretty rough.  They were actually excited about this one, but not for the reason of transfiguring Jesus- they just wanted the flashlight!  

This one got off the bus mad today.   This has happened a lot lately, as she has been telling Ms. Chris (the bus driver) that she wants Claire to get off the bus with her.  Ms. Chris keeps telling her no.  Today she was mad because a boy told her he was coming to her birthday party even though she didn’t invite him.  I told her no worries since it was 10 months til her bday he would probably forget. 

I had to send in the photos for the graduation slide show today. The email said there are 72 days until graduation.  It is insane to me that my little tag along baby is going to graduate.   I’m so proud of him, and can hardly believe my eyes when I see the man he has grown into.  

No comments:

Post a Comment