Saturday, March 18, 2023

St. Patrick’s day











Don’t mind my carpet….having 5 dogs here when it has been raining/snowing/muddy plus a goat or 2 in the house has taken a toll.  I will be shampooing this weekend after Daisy Paige and Olive go home.  Not the point.  Anyway. I had to run Harper to the doctor. She has a pretty severe case of poison ivy.  She was helping Jim clear some brush and it is so hard/impossible to see it in the winter.  When I got home, Mallory’s dog was green.  Why?  Because Saige decided to color him for St. Patrick’s day.  Why?  I have no earthly idea.  Quincy was supposed to be in charge while I was gone - why didn’t she stop her?  Because she thought it was a good idea.  Clearly I need to rethink who I leave in charge around here!  

Saige’s Godmother sent us a St. Patrick’s day cupcake video.  They were adorable, and easy!  We bought all the stuff, and then realized that the tiny cupcake pan I thought I had must have been Madison’s, and so we couldn’t make the little pots of gold that go on the top of these cupcakes.  We improvised.  They had fun decorating them and I think they turned out cute!  Although Lauren wasn’t here, the kids declared them as her birthday cupcakes and then made the sacrifice to eat them for her!   Such thoughtful children!  

Which brings me to Lauren being a St. Patrick’s day baby!  Happy birthday Lauren!  We are so happy that you’re in our family!  You are amazing and  we all just love you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment