Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Spring break






















This is spring break week.  The kids are happy to be out of school.  We have no big plans, which is good because I have a house load of projects going.  Mallory, Madison, Evie and GG left yesterday to go to Baton Rouge to visit Cameron and Lauren for spring break.  I inherited Daisy Paige and Olive.  They are somewhat needy, so that is a project all of its own!  Mallory had planned out this trip down to the minute.  Yesterday- early departure followed by minimal stoppages so they wouldn’t have to waste money on a hotel when they could stay at Cameron’s for free.  I think she has been a teacher a little too long.  The only one more frugal than Cameron would possibly be Mallory! Although that is debatable.  I did laugh at their stop in Paris Texas, to see the Eiffel Tower of Texas.  The cowboy hat gives it a bit of amazingness don’t you think?  I am happy that they made it safely, and hope that they have fun!  I know a certain 4 year old who was so excited!  

Next project is one I am sad about. My little goat friend is still hanging in there, but has not really made much improvement.  He might be walking a little bit less stiffly, but he still cannot get himself onto his feet.  We are still giving him meds, I have reached out to every goat person I know, and have tried all their suggestions.  It is baffling to me.   I have started a Hope version of physical therapy- basically bending around his joints and forcing him to stay on his feet for a while several times a day.  He never complains, even with my daily injections, which I am sure aren’t the most comfortable because I have zero training in that area!  He’s the sweetest little goat Ever.    I don’t know how this is going to end, but I don’t have the best feeling about it.  All I can say is it is a project I am working really hard to figure out.  
\\\\\
And on a more fun note, I believe I misunderstood the type of turtles we have.  I now believe these are yellow bellied sliders rather than red eared.  Thanks to Andrew  for straightening me out.   The care is the same, but we don’t want them to have an identity crisis!  We have all been enjoying them, although I have decided their tank is too small so now I’m watching Craigslist and a few other places for a bigger tank.  I don’t like when they turn and their shells bump the glass.  I think it is a fixable problem.  I also gave them a couple strawberries this morning with their breakfast.  Holy moly!  I don’t know that I have ever seen animals get so excited over breakfast before!  It was fun to watch.  Table manners are not for turtles I guess!  

No comments:

Post a Comment