Sunday, February 26, 2023

I hate to see it end






Since I was gone last weekend, I got a little behind on my list.  I was so relieved when the weekend got here and we had nothing planned.   I had supreme help.  The list will literally never end, but I’m happy to say the bathroom project is 100% complete now.  I even managed to tear out the old caulking and re-caulk the tub, Preston hung towel bars, the trim got stained, paint job got touched up, and shower curtain liner got hung.  I’m pleased with the results and I pray I never have to re-do it in my lifetime.  The flooring and trim I mean, not necessarily the decor.   I have some more projects in mind, but I haven’t broken the news to Jim yet.  Our next projects need to be outside stuff, as it is getting close to time to find 4-H goats, expand the pony pen and explore ideas we have regarding building a rabbit colony.   I also have the idea that we should plant a large garden.  Last fall, I swore that I would take the money I spend on garden plants, put it in savings, and just use it at the farmer’s markets to buy the stuff I want to can, rather than failing in my garden ambitions again.  Jim is actually acting excited about gardening this year, so maybe with his help, I won’t fail as miserably!   Who knows. 

I am still enjoying feeding the birds on our back deck.  I have noticed we have a few regulars - one fat bird whose breed I don’t know, but he is a glutton and is unmistakable in his daily stuffing  his face!   There are a few blue jays and a cardinal pair who seem to be here daily.  Today, we had this beautiful red headed woodpecker.  Preston thinks it is unwise to feed a woodpecker on a wooden deck.  Preston is probably right, however I figure if he is busy eating grain, maybe he won’t be pecking my deck boards!   I hope so anyway. 

Anyway, we accomplished a lot, and when I am being productive, I hate to stop.  I am sure I’m not alone in my Sunday night sadness.   I did enjoy seeing the adult girls for Sunday dinner, and was happy when Cameron texted me to say he was back on the ground in Louisiana after spending the last few days in Wisconsin (yes, I did ask him if he was crazy going north this time of the year!).  I also know that this weekend was Colin and Spencer’s 5 year anniversary.  I have not talked to them to see how they celebrated.  However they did it, I hope it was a nice day for them.  
One more load of laundry to go, and then I guess we switch to Monday gear.  Thankful for the time I was given, happy to have accomplished some things, and blessed to be healthy enough to get the next week started.   

No comments:

Post a Comment