Thursday, February 23, 2023

Other thingS











We jumped back into life with a crazy amount of stuff to do.   The bathroom is now finished with the exception of towel bars that Preston is going to help me with tomorrow, and staining a small piece of trim that we had to replace.   I love the new floors and I love the way it came together.  I’m happy it is all but finished.  Mark another thing off my project list.  

After we left, Cameron and Lauren continued with celebrating Mardi Gras like they are true Lousianans. I got a kick out Cameron telling me they were getting up super early to attend a parade where they throw coconuts.  Sounded a little dangerous!   I was relieved to see they weren’t real coconuts.  Or at least the one Lauren caught wasn’t real!  

They spent the whole day on Fat Tuesday watching parades.  Cameron was extremely annoyed that places were charging $3 to use the bathroom, and reported that his stomach hurt so bad because he refused to pay for that.  I pointed out that this should have been less of a problem for a boy, which he didn’t think was funny.  

Colin came to Kansas City on Tuesday to pick up a hood for the car he got at an auction.  We got to have both lunch and dinner with him. I was very happy to see him, it had been way too long.  We missed Spencer!   I have plans for visiting them soon, although my kids think I am crazy for my desire to try an escape room.   

Preston went out for lunch with his friends on Ash Wednesday.  I received this photo with him eating chicken -shreeeeekkk!   He  was like mom that picture is staged. I would never eat meat on Ash Wednesday!   Crazy kids.  I told him he needs to go to immediately to confession.  ;)

This girl wrapped her arms around me and said “Grammy I really missed you!”   She melts my heart.  Of course she followed that up with “can we go to the circus?”   I’m focusing on the fact that she acted legit happy to see me.  
The week after taking a road trip is feeling long.  I’m looking forward to weekend times!  

No comments:

Post a Comment