Monday, February 20, 2023

Home again!












We left Baton Rouge last night after an early dinner and drove to Mount Pleasant, Texas.  It was a little less than half way home.   The route we took kept us out of most of the major cities, which was good for a girl like me who hates driving in traffic, particularly in cities I am not familiar with.  The downfall of this route is that there are a lot of smaller, curvy roads that you have to cut through on to get to the major highways.  I think it was easier to navigate these in the daylight, but we made it ok.   Also, I would never have found my way on this route without Siri telling me where to turn.  I’m still not sure exactly where we were!   
I took a ton of pictures.  I was looking through them this evening and picked a few that i wanted to remember why I have them!   The above photo was taken by Cameron.  I love how we are all laughing and having fun.  The parade, crowd, traffic, city setting, and potential danger that I usually would be worried about, seemed to melt away as I watched the craziness.  I will likely never go to another big Mardi Gras parade again, but I want to keep this picture to show that I really did enjoy it.  

If there is something to climb, my kids will always climb it.  I hate heights, and have a pretty substantial fear of falling.  It makes me laugh how excited they get to climb stuff.  Must have inherited that from their dad.  

Sometimes this girl peeks out of her shell and says/does the craziest stuff.  She seemed to have stayed out of her shell on this trip.  I’m glad she sometimes reminds us that she likes to have fun.  

Funny story- the girls had never been to the ocean before.  Also, they had never experienced sea gulls.  Saige was walking in the parking lot asking me what kind of birds they were.  I grabbed a large hand full of cheese balls and threw them by her feet.   All of the sudden, she was swamped by about 30 of them.  The look on her face and the way she jumped might have been cruel, but it was also hilarious.   Jim bought us a bunch of car snacks before we left….I’m not sure how he will feel knowing that I used them to terrorize Saige by attracting sea gulls!   I’m glad I had them in the car though, it was so much fun messing around feeding them! I got some good pictures of Quincy feeding them out of her hands.  


As we were leaving, two of them were on the hood of the car like “don’t leave us cheeseball people!”   We threw a few out the window for them on our way out!  


I love Galardia.   For the last probably 20 years, my mom has been giving me seeds off of her pants and telling me to throw them on the ground and they will grow with no effort on my part.  I cannot get them to grow at all.  I have planted them, watered them, thrown them, and failed more times than I can count.  I was noticing how they are growing out of the rip rap on the board walk.  Seriously it felt a little insulting seeing them growing with zero effort.   Maybe this year will be my year?   

We arrived home late this afternoon.  I am happy to be home!   It was really good to get away.  Road tripping with the girls was fun!   I’m now throwing another load of laundry in the dryer and looking forward to crashing in my own bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment