Monday, February 6, 2023

Back at it





Well, the weekend is gone and we are back to school/work/meetings and whatever else.  The bathroom remodeling has officially begun.  Saige and I got the patching and painting completely done.  I was laughing to Jim that I had just started to get my shoulder back in place from the New Years painting, and now I decided to do it again!   Luckily this bathroom is small and didn’t take near as much shoulder strength!  The bright blue paint and fish are gone.  I wanted a classic white with black trim but the kids tell me that my “wind song white” looks more like lavender to them, and my own eyes tend to think it looks a little gray.  But…..it’s done.  It’s fine.  Everything is fine.  I’ll post more photos when the floors are in and the new decor is up!  All of that is someone else’s labor so I’m happy my part is done!   Needless to say, my entire Saturday was sucked dry by that little project.  

Yesterday, after lunch, Madison and Andrew came over early so that Jim and Andrew could make a worm farm.   Yea you read it correctly.  The boys decided that since we have an abundance of manure around here, they are going to utilize it to grow night crawlers.  Off to Menards they went, and came back happy as pigs in mud.   Evelyn was happy to help!   The rest of us took advantage of the beautiful weather, cooked steaks on the grill, and made a nice Sunday dinner.  I went to bed tired, but happy and content.  Life is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment