Saturday, February 11, 2023

What a week this was












This week is one that absolutely kicked us all in the pants.  I’m so glad it is history.  I mentioned that we hired a local person to re-do our bathroom floor from some water damage.  Well he made it here.   The water damage was a little more substantial than we thought, but it was still repairable.  (Thankfully).  He got the floor repaired and the new vinyl tile down. He still has to re-seat the toilet, fix the wall, fix the shooter surround  and add a couple more pieces of trim he should finish next week.  This man is amazing. He is kind, funny and knows what he is doing.  I am impressed with his work so far, and would totally recommend him.  That being said, I can’t wait til he is done, because I have a very set routine and him being in my space is messing with it!   Plus I bought new decor and absolutely cannot wait to get everything pulled together.   

Thursday, we woke up to (for me at least) unexpected snow.  This wasn’t just any snow though, it rained heavily Wednesday most of the night.   That means it was slushy and icy and wet and slick.   I got my shower and hoped for a snow day.  About 5:15 the bus boss texted that the roads weren’t bad and we were having school and to be safe.  Not 5 minutes after that, Madison called to say she slid in a ditch. I woke Jim up and sent him to help her.  About 5 minutes after he left, he called to say the roads were absolute $hit. If you know my husband at all, you know that this means they are bad.  He always says when driving in bad weather “it’s not that bad if you go slow.”  I don’t know that I’ve ever really heard him say anything too negative about driving in bad conditions.  I literally called the bus boss and asked if he was sure he wanted to have school.   I wouldn’t have been mad if he fired me at that point, because I was dreading going out there.   He said he had driven the roads and they were truly not bad.  I’m not sure where he drove, but let me just say that my roads were awful.   I have roads on my route that I had to bypass because there was no way I could navigate them. I had places where the bus was sliding and slipping in the rear end - not a good feeling. I had a couple of hills I wasn’t sure we were going to climb.  I was 20 minutes late getting in, and was happy to just get there and not a ditch.  Needless to say, I was not happy with the decision.   Luckily the sun came out and it was mostly gone by the afternoon take home time.   
Thursday was also a pretty rough day for Jim at his work. That’s all I’m gonna say about it, but it was stress none of us needed.   
Friday, I had issues with a child on the bus.  I was allowed to handle it the way I wanted to, and my boss did stand up for me, so I had to forgive the day before’s snow day episode.  
I was asked to take activities today and I said no.  I usually don’t say no, but I was feeling overwhelmed by this whole entire week and felt my mental health would be better if I got an entire weekend to reset my brain.  A choice I am very happy with today, but may not be on payday!   


Plus, I promised to bring a dessert to the library fundraiser today.  I spent my morning making my grandma’s cream puff recipe.  They taste like a piece of home, but I remember why I never make them.  My kitchen is trashed and it took a long time!  
Thankful that this week is over. Next week is bound to be better!  
Preview of next week:


No comments:

Post a Comment