Sunday, November 19, 2023

Langsgiving and surprises

















So you’ll have to sort these photos out. I can’t get them to load the way I wanted them to.  
As the tradition goes, Langsgiving is the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  My girls all helped me clean the house.  Jim and Preston helped as well.  We managed to get things cleaned up and food cooked and I was excitedly expecting to see a great number of my aunts, uncles and cousins.  I was also super excited because all of our kids and their significant others would all be in the same place.  A rare treat.   
We all attended mass, where Father Joe requested that we take a couple of photos of Harper and Saige for an upcoming bulletin featuring the confirmation candidates.  The girls were not super excited about his ideas, but we did it anyway.  

We finished with mass, I gave each kid a job to do and I set about tacking a few things I had left on the list.   As I was down making a bed for Cameron, Evie came in and told me “today we are having a surprise party for you grammy!”   I said well if you are having a surprise party, are you supposed to tell the person?  She was like ohhhh right!  Haha.  Then I went in to say well today we are having Langsgiving.  She said well my mommy said it’s your surprise party day!   I laughed and then headed upstairs, where I was given a backdrop for a surprise anniversary taco party.   I was pretty surprised!   

We dove into Langsgiving with all the traditional food, all my kids, both grandkids and lots of family in attendance.  I enjoyed seeing everyone.  It was a crowd!  

And then a few more people stopped by to eat tacos, and carrot cake and wish the old guy and me a happy 30th!   I was indeed very surprised.  Evelyn sure knows how to pull off a party- she even made sure to taste test all of the cupcakes, mints and cookies!   Jim and I are so blessed.   Thank you to my children for this amazing surprise!   And thanks to everyone who either stayed extra long or drove out to wish us well.  

And thanks Camryn and Amy for capturing the whole crew for my Christmas card photo!   I am legitimately impressed that there is a picture where everyone is looking at the camera, and nobody is flying the bird.  Success!  


I think both events were amazing.  I feel overwhelmed with blessings and love for these people in our lives.  


No comments:

Post a Comment