Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Saige is 12!







My baby girl - Saige Grace- is 12 years old today!  Time really does fly when you’re having fun.  Saige is sweet, but sassy,  ornery but sincere, kind but not afraid to stand up for herself or others.  She can  be the most insightful, deep thinker, but also zing you with an insult that will curl your hair.  She is amazing and we love her!   I am so thankful for her….not many I know can say they have an 8, but ours is a great blessing.  

Because I knew Jim and I both had meetings this evening, I took Saige shopping yesterday so she could pick out some gifts.  She got several new pairs of pants, because she has grown too tall for last year’s!   When we were done clothes shopping, she wanted to go to 5 below.  That store is great, but for some reason none of the things Saige wanted were on the below.  I teased her about being my 5 above girl.   She was happy to get some things she has been wanting for her room, and a bottle of “genie” perfume. I was confused, because that is definitely not the name on the bottle.   Instant eye roll- geez mom it’s just because of the shape of the bottle that everyone calls it that. Alrighty then, glad you were here because I was flashing back to the year Eric wanted parachute pants, and my poor mother went all over town looking for umbrella pants.  Guess what Eric did not get for Christmas?  
Why yes, her cake does seem to have more than 12 candles on there.  You see, if you buy a new box of candles, Saige thinks they are ALL for her!  Must use the entire box!  Good thing candles are cheap, and I am too old to get my undies in a wad over that.  
Anyway, happy birthday Saige!  We love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment