Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wednesday tub o' random

 

I think I mentioned the plant stand fiasco?   Did you ever have an idea that was so simple, but it turned into an hours long fiasco?   Basically that sums up every thought I have. ;)
I wanted a plant stand for work.  I have had a metal plant stand for probably our entire married life.  I have moved it, tripped over it, used it for things other than plants and then when I decided I wanted to put it in the office, it disappeared like a fart in the wind.   Where is it?  No idea.  Nobody knows.  Gone.  So I turned to my old friend Amazon.   Found a cute little stand that fit my needs for less than $20.   The listing said easy assembly with no tools needed.  Wahoooo!  My bestie - come to momma!   It came in a box with no less than 23,000 pieces.   I attempted to put it together and was met with  regret and with what the heck did I buy?   We had a township meeting in my office last week.  The boys made fun of my “plant stand” and politely declined when I asked if they wanted to help with my project.  Tuesday, my door opened and Tom, one of my fellow board members and also one of the best people I know, walked in.  He said “it’s cold this morning, so while I wait for it to warm up I thought I’d tackle your box of sticks!”   Seriously one of the sweetest things ever.   He and I worked really hard.  We cussed a little, we laughed a lot about how “easy” the assembly was, and we tackled my nightmare project.   When we got done, I noticed it was a tiny bit lopsided.  Tom was going to take it back apart and try to figure out why. I told him no, it just matches my life!   So it is done.  My plants are happy.  I am happy. It freed up a ton of space on my “tax and paperwork” desk, and life is good.  

This little nugget loves being outside.  She actually just loves life.  A contagious kind of happy that leaves your heart warm.  

Yesterday, Harper had her league band day.  The league we are in gets all the bands together, they spend the afternoon practicing a few songs and then they put on a league concert.  It’s a pretty neat experience. The kids get to know each other on a non-competitive level, they get a different perspective from the other school’s band directors and they work together toward a common goal.    I think it’s a pretty cool experience.  The only downfall is that it was in LaCygne this year, almost 2 hours away.  Jim picked Harper up at 10 pm last night.  A very long day for my introverted, loves being home kid!  I pointed an arrow at Harper.  She had her back to the camera, but since I stole the photos off a friend’s fb page and wasn’t there to take my own photos, it is what it is.  Tonight, we have to go to a meeting at the high school to enroll Harper for classes next year.   Seriously, we are enrolling her in high school, Quincy and Jim are traveling soon to Wichita to enroll Quincy in college classes.  My heart is full of pride, but also a little sadness.  Time is a thief. 

And as I was typing about time - I got this photo from Cameron.  These 2 are about ready for adult life.  I’m overwhelmed with changes and although they aren’t bad, I can hardly believe how quickly we arrived here.   I remember when Cameron was born.  Jim and I had 4 kids who were ages 3 and under.  Life was overwhelmingly chaotic.  I distinctly remember feeling overwhelmed one day and I called my mom.  She said these days will be gone faster than you know - don’t wish them away.  I tried to listen. But seriously she couldn’t have prepared me for the rapid descent into this place - where my babies are grown and putting their lives together.  It has been a fun and wild road!  








No comments:

Post a Comment