Monday, March 18, 2024

Happy/sad



 



First of all Happy Birthday to our sweet Lauren. She is a remarkable  girl and we just love her.   She does a good job of keeping me updated on things and I’m so thankful for her in our family.   Love you Lauren!  I hope you had the best day!  (Good job getting her the carrot cake Cameron! He also got her an ice cream cake - you know - something he likes!).
Also Happy St Patrick’s Day!   We had Sunday lunch rather than dinner since I had to work this evening at the liquor store.  I took the opportunity to make pistachio pies (because they are green!) and Evelyn made us some green cupcakes!  
We also had Preston here this weekend. He brought home his girlfriend, Sunny.  She seems like a very nice girl, and we were happy to finally get to meet her. She spent the evening Saturday with us, and came back for Sunday lunch, so I guess we didn’t traumatize her too much!   I miss my boys - don’t get to see as much of them as I would like but I am very proud of all of them.  Actually, all my kids make me proud.  

Andrew is a fireman on the Carbondale volunteer fire department.  Which automatically means Madison is a member of the Ladies Axillary. They had a chili feed/soup and cinnamon roll dinner this weekend.  We did not make it over, but I heard they sold out!   Madison made the cinnamon rolls!  I love this picture of Wrenley!  












We really enjoyed our spring break, which brings me to the sad part of this post.  Spring break is over.  Back to school.  Back to bus driving.  Back to the countdown for graduations and summer break.   It was good while it lasted. At least we are going back!  I think the spring break of 2020 will always sort of be in the back of our minds! 


No comments:

Post a Comment