Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Secrets

 


So in this family, we are pretty terrible at keeping secrets.   How we managed to all know Colin was going to propose last year, and we didn’t slip to Spencer, was a true miracle.  So when Lauren told me she was interviewing for a job, but she wasn’t ready to tell yet, it killed me.  I might have slipped the news to Jim, annnnnd Mallory who was here one evening, annnnnd perhaps my mom and sister (whoopsie).  Sorry Lauren.  But when she said she accepted the Job and it is in KC…..Lauren I apologize, I won’t slip the details here but we are just so happy and proud and excited and did I say happy?   My babies are coming back home!   I can’t contain myself.  We love you guys and are just thrilled with this news!  Cameron, you should tell your girl that the fam is not the place to contain our secrets, nor our emotions.  Cameron will now be job hunting in this area, and I have no doubts he will find a great job as well!   Fingers crossed, toes crossed, prayers said, and feeling amazingly positive about it!  

Other news - this little sweet cheeks turned 8 months old!  Geez that flew by huh?   She is trying to crawl, sits up on her own, is eating all sorts of foods, still has no teeth despite Madison thinking she was teething for the last 7 months!   She is the sweetest, happiest baby I think ever!   We are pretty smitten.  

Including this for reference sake.  This - is Evie’s spring school photo.   See Harper and Saige???? This is how it is done!   Cute little smiling faces in photos!  Nice concept, no? 

This girl is up for Kansas teacher of the year.  We can’t wait to see how it turns out.  She has worked very hard for this honor.  I’m very proud of her no matter how it turns out!  

Rocking the St. Patty’s day green! 


This kid has pretty much captured the hearts of all the business owners in our town. Yesterday, the new insurance lady brought her a table and chairs and a little barn full of farm toys.   About an hour later, the laundry mat guy, (who is on my board) came to get her to go for M&M’s. A little bit later, we had to go visit Poppy where she is fairly sure she owns city hall, and then the post master gave her candy, and stickers and the bank ladies literally have a candy dish with “Evelyn’s” suckers set aside for just for her.  Other kids may get a sucker at the bank, but they don’t get the root beer ones!  When she goes to kindergarten next year, I fear she will be in Severe snack withdrawal, and the people who work on Main Street will all be very lonely!  


No comments:

Post a Comment