Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter weekend

 

Holy Week is always a long week. The girls think going to church multiple times is unnecessary.  I think it is though. I win.  They were supposed to have Friday off from school, but it was a snow make up day instead, so  we had to go.  I could be upset about it, but I’m not.  We are planning to leave right after school lets out to go to Cameron and Lauren’s graduation, and the schedule is too tight for us to be making up days at the end of the year.  I can sacrifice Good Friday in the interest of my trip not getting messed up later.  

Since Topeka schools were out, and that is where Madison drives to, she did have the day off.  The girls enjoyed a fun day with their mom. They had a preschool open house (family might) and a birthday party for one of Evelyn’s friends as well.  




I can’t remember if I shared this here before or not.  This photo is absolutely adorable, but to me it is also hilarious.  I think it looks like Volt wants to eat the rabbit, and Cash is hoping to be a good enough boy for a snack!  I was happy that Colin got to come up for the weekend. Spencer had a school project due, so we missed her.  Love you Spencer!  Can’t wait to see you soon!  Colin helped us with Easter preparations, and went fishing with Jim and Andrew a couple of times. I love visiting with him, he has entertaining stories.  
Last week, when Jim was at the water conference, he had an evening off, so he went with Colin and Spencer to trivia night. He was excited that for the second time in a month he was on a winning trivia team.  I guess I better start searching for high stakes trivia contests - if he’s going to hold onto all sorts of random knowledge, I shouldn’t hesitate to exploit it right? 




Saturday night, some of us got together to dye Easter eggs.  We also made some Easter crafts and had some dinner together, it was a fun filled evening.  We FaceTimed Cameron and Lauren and learned that they were getting ready to smoke a briscuit. I can’t wait until they are living closer!   We missed them today!















We hosted Easter festivities here are your house today.  I was happy to see my niece and nephew and my brothers and sister.  Thanks to my mom for cooking most of the food!  We hid a lot of eggs, but none of the bigger kids wanted to hunt with Evie.  Wrenley picked up some grass, and Saige only wanted the golden egg!   Evelyn ended up with a 5 gallon haul!  She was elated!  


Wrenley liked her Easter bucket and 2 eggs!  She’s a fan of her first Easter!  

I am beat, but my heart is happy.  I love weekends full of holidays, family, food and fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment