Saturday, March 23, 2024

So much weekend

Betty was asked to be part of a photography studio’s Easter special.  In exchange, they took Evie and Wrenley’s photos.  It was an easy deal to make!  I was told Betty was a very good girl all day!  I was also told she is exhausted this evening!   I had to work, so Mallory got conned into goat sitting until Jim could get there to pick her up.  Mallory also got conned into taking the girls to the photography session because she was babysitting so Madison and Andrew  could procure Easter provisions.  Not sure who is more exhausted tonight- the goat or aunt Mal! 

Or possibly Wrenley Kay who I am told was a rockstar in the smiling department.  I can’t wait to see how the photos turn out!



Jim and Quincy were up early and on the road to Wichita State for Quincy’s orientation.   Jim told me that the people there were extremely helpful and nice.  Quincy said she loved what she is seeing there and the potential for getting her degree from them is great.   Considering this is the only school she has been interested in, I am glad she liked it!   I can’t wait to get home and visit with her more about it!   I am thankful that Jim took her down.  They also got to visit with Colin and Spencer.  Jim isn’t home very long before he travels back down to Wichita for a water conference.   Or something.  

Also I might add that I am most happy that Jim remembered to take pictures.  Good job Jim!  





Madison sends me a lot of pictures and I love these - Evie talked all morning about how it was homemade pizza night at her house!  I love that she is so excited about helping in the kitchen!  And Wrenley was most gracious as the cheese tester!  


They are such sweet girls! 
We had a good morning at home today.  Saige and Harper made a neat Easter wreath I forgot to take a picture of. I got laundry done and a few other projects done before I had to come to the liquor store. The store has been moderately busy, which makes time go faster.   I’ve been working on this post off and on, so if it is off track it is because I keep getting interrupted.  The liquor store is an amusing job.  To me it is not difficult, and I like seeing the customers (and my cousins!).  

This week I found a sweet 7 week old mini Rex doe for the girls.  I took one, And only one photo. And this is it.  A black blur.  What the heck?  Why didn’t I see it was not a good photo?  Who knows.  This baby is Harper’s.  We have had a weird spring, with 2 litters born and zero survivors.  I’m not sure what we are doing wrong. Nothing as far as I can tell. Just have a group of horrible mothers.  I suspect that they were bred for fur quality and being show rabbits, and not for their great mothering skills.  We may switch breeds, although the mini rexes will always be my favorite.  Maybe adding some new bloodlines will help.  Harper named this baby Bobbi.  I hope she will be a great addition.  

A year or so ago, I joined a pool fb group.  It was incredibly educational and helpful. And also causes me great anxiety.  There were so many posts lately of people who got rain, their winter covers got filled with water and the weight collapsed their side walls that I talked Jim into helping me take the cover off.  The water was beautiful under the cover.  However, the cover was also filled with water and some debris and was extremely heavy.  Unfortunately we dropped quite a lot of the debris into the water.  But it is still cleaner this spring than it has ever been in the spring.  I can clear the debris easily enough.  We went ahead and added chlorine to our floats and will work on reassembling the pumps soon.  I’m more than ready for pool season.  Of course, this is Kansas. It was 65-70 all of February and now it is officially spring and it is 27 degrees.  I’ve lived here my whole life. One would think I would know better than to think spring would arrive on time!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment