Friday, March 15, 2024

Road trip

 











These photos loaded in the reverse order that I wanted them, and frankly at this point I am too tired to figure it out.  We are rolling with it while I color my hair and then I’m going to drop over into bed!  
I started out the morning with a phone call (which I missed because I was in the shower) from the post master in town.  She then called Jim because our baby chickens arrived and they were loudly protesting their lack of food!   Seriously, today’s batch was 25 birds (although they sent 27).  I have never heard louder little baby birds!   They went through an entire feeder full of feed and 3 containers of water today!   I’ve never really seen any little birds quite so starved upon arrival!    They were at least quiet this evening- I think they might have actually gotten full!   I love little chickens. They are soooo cute!   I am obsessed!    I had the girls help me set them up and then I ran back to work.  When I got off work, Harper and Saige went with me to Cole Camp, Missouri to pick up their 4-H goats.   Yes, it was a long drive.   Yes, we have driven further.  And yes, it was worth it!    We paid for 5 goats - nice ones-  for the same price as we could have gotten 1 or maybe 2 for around here.  Yesterday, some people we know had an online auction. I checked it about an hour after it started….I quietly choked, said well good for them I guess, and closed the app.   I can’t do it.  Or more accurately, I won’t do it.  So we may not win, but today was a good day!  We had fun hanging around together!  We had fun picking out our goats in a pen full of prospects.  I enjoyed seeing an old friend.   The girls and I had a lot of good conversations and I think good memories were made.   Also, yes I did put 5 goats in the trunk of my car.  Don’t worry- I lined it with trash bags, towels and blankets, and the goats were in a kennel.  When we got everything unloaded, I didn’t see any hint of a mess left behind.  Should I have taken the truck?   Maybe.  But it’s been driving a little weird, and we were going pretty far.  I just felt better in the car.   It’s fine. Everything is fine.  
Quincy is pet/house sitting and had to work so we left her behind.  She did evening chores and kept Betty fed for us between her jobs.  
By the time we got everything unloaded and settled, it was too dark for photos.  I will try that tomorrow!   For now - sleepy sleep.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment