Thursday, March 14, 2024

Pi day

 

First order of business, I finally got new curtains rods, and got my sewing project hung up!   I absolutely love how it turned out!   Grace almost made it seem like I knew what I was doing!   I think Jim liked it as well -win!  



Today, when I got off work, I had lunch with my friend Adrienne since I had to go to the dentist near where she lives.  When I was at the dentist afterwards, I texted the kids and jokingly said “I forgot today is PI day- guess I better stop off on my way home to get pies!”   By the time I finished the dentist, went to the courthouse to file to run for reelection at the township, stopped off to get pi day supplies, and made it home, all 5 of my daughters were at my house cooking up a storm and hanging out.  An impromptu pi day feast ensued and it was a nice evening that I had no clue would happen.  Mallory made a chocolate cream and coconut cream pie.  I made a cherry cheese cake and a chocolate chip pie.  We had pizza (pie)) and we played hard!  I am glad we celebrate dumb holidays around here.  Jim came home to a house load of kids and grandkids, and told me as he was getting ready for bed that he enjoyed having them here to eat pies with.  



My chickens didn’t arrive today.  I sure hope they get here tomorrow!   Poor little birds!   Quincy is house/dog sitting for my nephew and his family the rest of this week and most of next.  We are having a small road trip tomorrow.  More to come on that!   




Spring break has been a lot of fun so far!   Too bad it is only 1 week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment