Thursday, March 7, 2024

A tiny project.

 






Last night I had a text from a friend.  Her goat had triplets and the mom rejected one.  It is fairly common, especially in Boer goats it seems.  She had given the baby colostrum, but didn’t really want to bottle raise a baby.  She asked if the girls wanted a baby to raise.  Harper immediately said yes.  So I told her I would come get the goat when I got off work today.  She said her brother in law would just stop by my office with her.  I told Evelyn we had to hurry because I had a surprise.  That girl didn’t like that one bit.  She doesn’t want me to surprise her. She wants all the tea!   She about went crazy trying to guess.  Let me tell you, when Casey showed up, she had no idea what he had in that dog kennel!  She was so excited.  We had to run up the street to show Poppy.  (Sorry about your office carpet Poppy!). 
I named Harper’s goat Bitty Betty.  She is about 2 days old, is very loud when she’s hungry, is taking the bottle fairly well, and Harper is completely in love.  
We do live for a good project around here!   Thankfully, school is now out for spring break.  Hopefully, by the time we go back, Bitty Betty will be good enough to go live in the barn!  For now, she and Harper are having a camp out in the living room.  Since we are planning a trip in May, we weren’t doing anything for spring break, so this is just perfect!   And seriously, what is cuter than a baby goat?  (Perhaps a baby duck?).  Tomorrow I have to run to tractor supply….anything could happen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment