Thursday, August 6, 2026

Catching up.

Spencer sent me this cute photo from their anniversary dinner.  I love this little family!  They are adorable, sweet, and living the good life.  I am so proud of them, and it is absolutely crazy that it has already been a year since their wedding.  So much has happened.  And time is flying by in a flash!

Where have we been?  What has been happening?  Why have I been absent from blogging about life?  
Heck, I don't even know.  We are to that point in the summer where everything is hitting all at once, we are flat broke from months of not having a bus check, all of the things I stockpiled for summer are running out, the cars are all breaking down, life is more expensive than ever before, and we have a zillion things going on.  Basically, we are in survival mode here.  Like everyone else in America I think.

I am excited to get to spend some time with this little cutie pie this week!  I cannot wait to get my arms around him!  He is just getting so big!  Such a man baby!

The girls are getting big too.  They stopped in my office this week with a sonic drink!  Such sweet, thoughtful little beings!  (Thanks Aunt Mal for thinking of me on your sonic run).  

Last Friday, I went to dinner with Tatum and Cameron.  Tatum was moving, and her mom was in town, so I got to meet her mom.  It is easy to see where she got her sweet personality from, as her mom is a very sweet school teacher and I enjoyed visiting with them.  The more we get to know Tatum, the more we like her.  Truly a sweet, funny girl, who seems to match Cameron's energy (which is not that easy).  I took Tatum an ice cream bucket full of eggs because I was out of cartons.  Tatum likes eggs, and she was happy with my 'gift.'  She and Cameron used the eggs to make breakfast burritos.  Date night getting pretty wild up there in the city!


\
I love summer but I can feel the time slipping away.  the days are suddenly shorter.  When I get up in the morning, it is noticeably darker.  When I am working outside after work, it gets dark noticeably earlier.   The girls are doing band camp this week in preparation for the upcoming fair parade.  The fair is next week, and school starts the week after that.  Grace has had employees return, so our morning walks are over.  The bus boss is setting up meetings to discuss routes and the district is sending out the safety and bullying training videos that are required every year.  Summer is being strangled out. I am starting to feel the summertime sadness that means change is coming.  Schedules, school stuff, less time in our days, kids growing up and becoming less reliant on us.  BUT it is not over yet!  We still have a few more pool days, a few more fun things to do, a little more floating, goat walking, watermelon eating, garden tending, and a little more vitamin D to soak up!   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment