Sunday, August 9, 2026

Fun weekend

We have had a long and fun weekend around here.  I took Friday off so that we could have a little overnight visitor.  Colin and Spencer went to KC to a concert with Cameron and Tatum - sort of a fun get away for a late anniversary fun.  We were excited to have some time with our sweet Easton!  He is such an easy going and sweet baby.  I think they were worried about him not sleeping.  I said who cares - we will just hang out and since it was only one night I would be just fine!   He went to bed like a champ, slept most of the night with zero real issues and then was up and the happiest little guy ever at 5 am.  I got several hours of sleep and several hours of uninterrupted baby snuggles and squishes. I love that little sweet boy! 

The girls came out to get some baby time too. We all enjoyed his visit! 








Did I mention he woke up happy?  He is the cutest little dude.  So sweet and smiling.  I thought he was really happy.  Until his parents walked in.  He started giggling and clapping and was just overjoyed to see his mom and dad. It was so sweet! 





To me, Easton  looks like his mom.  Especially through his eyes and nose. In photos. In person. When he smiles.  I see Spencer. But once in a while I see a little flash of Colin.  I think it’s the big cheeks and the bright blue eyes.  It makes me smile.  Colin was always such a happy sweet little boy too.  Doesn’t matter much - he is stinking cute and we are all in love.  


The concert goers had a lot of fun.  At least from what I was told.  



Boys never really grow up do they?  

My plan was to work on Saturday for a while.  That plan took a backseat to enjoying the weekend and working like a dog.  Jim worked on our new chicken pen and mowed.  I worked on finding the vegetables through the weeds.  The garden had gotten pretty bad with how little I have been home and an enormous amount of rain.  I got most of the rows weed wacked.  I picked some cucumbers and zucchini.  Jim and I also went grocery shopping and we planned out fair week easy foods and quick snacks.  When I tell you we were out of everything I am not exaggerating.  Happy to have that task done for a minute.  Preston and Sunny came home as well - they moved their belongings from Sunny’s Aunt’s garage into their own places.  Preston seemed relieved to get that task done.  He is done with his internship, but is spending the week with Sunny  in Springfield, and then attending her sister’s wedding. They will be back for a few days before school starts back up.  I can’t believe how dang fast this summer went by. 



The little girls got their dad to take them fishing. 

These old girls made clay art together.  I was impressed with their creations.  

Fair time must be near - because today we found ourselves at the fair ground cleanup and fair set up day.  The little girls worked really hard.  The big girls worked really hard as well.  I believe that everything is ready to go this week, and we are excited about fair time.  

It was really really hot out there.  We had to come home and cool off in the pool before Sunday dinner.  The girls then walked their goats one last trip down the driveway, and we got their scrapie’s tags in.  Wrenley had an absolute meltdown because she thought the goat was getting his ears pierced and she wanted BOTH of her goat’s ears done.  Did I indulge her and give him 2 tags?  Yes I did!  Poor Whitey. 
And now, we have one day to get everything gathered up and finish our little projects because it’s time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment