Thursday, August 27, 2026

POV- the first week is endless


I get a kick out of the stories coming from this little bus rider going to preschool.  She’s keepin things interesting.  

We were saddened to hear of the death of Dolly Parton. She was a true icon and did so many wonderful things with her fortune.  Truly a huge loss. 

I am often asked  how driving the bus is going.  I honestly very rarely have trouble with this job.  To me kids are just kids.  If I wouldn’t take it off my own kids, I’m not accepting it from your kids, and most kids are good kids I also think it helps that I don’t get my feelings hurt easily.  That being said here is how’s it’s going so far this year:

Me: you guys need to calm down a little bit!
Front seat friend (yes already): who did you call a little bitch?

Got a new kid - a kindergartener.  He never says a word to me. But when I drop him off, he seems to have a list of complaints.  And he doesn’t wait until he’s off the bus to start telling his grandma that 
“The bus driver just rolls down the windows, she won’t run the air conditioner and it is weally weally hot!”
And
“The bus driver does not force that red headed boy to share his candy!” 
(He doesn’t share with me either!) 

And my favorite - the red headed non candy sharing kid left his backpack.  I gave it back the next day.  Then he left at again!  As he was getting on the bus, he yells at his mom “see!  I told you it wasn’t  in my bedroom!  Told you so!” And then he proceeded to leave it again!  He came busting  out of the school to get it again and said “sorry Ms Hope, I’m very distractible!”
Don’t I know it!


After the bus route this afternoon I had to run a couple of errands in town.  When I got back I went down to water trees and bushes. It sure does get dark early now!  I thought it must be getting pretty late.  It was a quarter after 8!  After the rattle snake incident, we have all been stepping a little lighter and carrying flashlights.  I was happy to get my watering done and come back inside.   Until I actually got inside.  I made the mistake of getting some big bones for the dogs. They were all laying in here happily chewing the bones and there are chunks of bone and junk everywhere.  At least they’re happy I guess.  Sure hope nobody trips on bone chunks or stabs their foot with a shard of bone.  
This being the first full week of school, it seems to be going brutally slow.  I think it’s safe to say we are all ready for the weekend.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment