Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Last day of summer break

 

Mallory had her first day with kids today. It was a half day.  She said she has some really sweet kids and she is excited about this year.  

The rest of us spent the afternoon having a little swimming party.  
Evelyn has learned to swim without a life jacket this summer.  (Thanks Sunny!). 

Wrenley grabbed my hand and proclaimed “you going to jail!”   What?  Why?  “Because!”  
She’s ornery and I would guess the preschool will have their hands full with her.  It’ll be a fun full but still! 





When we were done swimming, the girls had their obligatory popsicles.  I asked Evelyn when they ask her what she did on summer break what are you going to say? 
She answered “I’m telling them my Grammy let me have a margarita!”  
Girl….it was a margarita FLAVORED popsicle!  
I suggested she refrain from telling them that. 
I doubt she listened.  




I know summer is still a ways from being over, but I spent a little time this evening looking at my summer projects.  
My flowers on the patio oasis are still really pretty. It has been a weird summer.  Cold, rainy days followed by a days of the hottest hot and dry days, then more rain. I don’t know that I have done a good job watering because it was confusing on how long it was since it rained last.  But they have seemed happy and happy flowers are beautiful. 




Hard to tell from a picture, but the peach sticks I planted are now taller than me!  I am super excited by that.  

And my “Eric” tree is probably 3 feet tall now.  
The last two years the end of August has been a train wreck.  Two years ago, I fell and broke my shoulder.  Last year, my brother passed away and broke all of our hearts.  
I am praying that this end of August  is a big nothing year.  For all of us.  
I am also praying that this is a healthy, successful, peaceful and productive school year.  
Ready or not, the bus rolls out at 6 am tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment