Monday, August 17, 2026

survival

 

We survived another fair.  I love the county fair.  I love having time with the kids, taking off work.  I love making memories, seeing old friends, and playing around with the critters.  I love carnival food, and crazy events and the lessons it teaches.  I love seeing the kids take pride in something that they accomplished.  It truly makes me happy.  One thing about it though, when we are running and trying to keep up with the schedule, and the stress of keeping things alive and cared for in a strange environment, it seems like literally everything else takes a backseat.  The house, the laundry, the yard, the garden, work,  keeping up with people.  All of it slides into the abyss.  Which is why, although it was fun and rewarding, it was also a relief to have it finished.  
We attended the last event - the fair ground clean up, and packed up all of the equipment and junk until next time.  The girls were very helpful.  Even Wren did some of the heavy lifting!  
 
Mallory had to go back to work last week.  She has had a pretty difficult summer, and has not has much of any resolution to the health issues she has been having.  I know she wanted to wrap that up and start the year off feeling better.  The American health care system let her down.  As usual. 
But she is strong, and dedicated, and she will get her answers in time.  She will muscle through and be the best 1st grade teacher to her kids!  She is excited about teaching and getting a new year underway!
I am proud of her.  I hope she has the best year!



With the fair being over, we spent our Sunday doing a half-way job of putting things away, catching up the laundry, cooking actual meals, and relaxing a little bit.  Jim and Andrew went fishing.  Jim came home excited because they had a great time, and they caught lots of fish.  It was not quite as hot as it has been, so that was a good thing as well.  
Preston and Sunny hung out with us, and we spent a little time floating in the pool with Evie and Wrenley.  It was a good day.  




And now, just because I can, I am sharing my fav photos and things from the last week.  
I love that Evie got to have her first fair with Harper and Saige still in 4-H.  I love that they helped each other, worked together and had some fun together.  

I love photos where Harper smiles, but you can still read the "hurry up and get this done mom, because I hate when you take my photo" on her face.  She makes me laugh.  

My babies!  It is insane how fast the time flies by!  These girls are all growing up way too fast.  

I love fan clubs.

And being successful at hard things. 

And hot, sweaty smiles. 

And little bitty kids controlling animals that are bigger/stronger than they are. 

And small sweet smiles that tell more about how a person is feeling than they are letting on.  

And although controversial, I love the carnival, it changes the atmosphere and makes the fair more fun.  It brings carnival food and weird people to town, but I sort of think the world needs more weird in it.  At least it spices up the stories a little!  


I love seeing kids learn to be responsible for another living creature.  And I love watching that animal love them back. I love that kids are learning to love agriculture, and learning to do things for themselves.  


And I love time with family. 

And seeing my girls rock out in the marching band. 


And witnessing the generosity and hard work of a community that I love being a part of. 




Funny photos.

And a redneck good time at the demolition derby.


and now, back to school, schedules, early mornings, and less fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment