Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Nooooo!!!

If the fair is over.  And the locusts are screaming. And the garden is finally starting to produce, and the pool is finally beautifully clear  for the first time all summer, and Preston is home for a few days because his internship ended….it must be time to go back to school.  
And I want to scream Noooo!  I just want a few more days.  A few more weeks.  A few more mornings without the school schedule.  
But what I want is hardly ever what I get.  
And I know what my grandpa used to say about wanting anyway.
 So the girls and I went to town and got new pencils.
 And socks. 
And a few pieces of paper.  
And Jim drove me out to pick up my bus. 
And I spent today weed eating  and floating. 
And feeling sad that we only have one more day “off.” 
And driving my roads because they added several stops to the end of my route. And making arrangements with the neighbor so that the girls can park in their driveway until Harper finishes driving school and can drive them to school later next month.  
And did mention feeling sad? 
Except for the part where I reclaim a bus check, this is my sad place.  
Will I be ok?  I’m sure I will be.  But I never like the end of summer.  I’m pretty sure I never will.  
And I loathe the first couple of weeks of school.  Getting back on schedule. Trying to get people to learn the routine. Keeping the school staff from making stupid and unnecessary changes to things they have no idea about.  It is just not very much fun. 
I’ll survive. 

It was a perk up to get some photos of my widdle buddy!  He’s helping dad with the master bathroom remodeling. 



Evelyn and Wrenley went to the school open house and met their teachers.  




Saige made a wacky cat cake. It made me laugh. She used every single spoon and bowl we have on this little project.  










Saddest sight in the county. 

Maude is just about to have a lot more loneliness in her hands. She’s been hanging with her bestie all summer.  These 2 are hilarious.  
Thursday - back to school.  Tomorrow - last day fun. 
We got this. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment