Maude looks like we all feel. Fairs are fun but exhausting. When it is this hot outside, it is even more exhausting. I think we have officially sweated from places I didn’t know you could sweat from!
The girls are done with all their stuff until the parade and auction. Our goals now include just keeping things watered and as comfortable as possible. The fair allowed the chickens and rabbits to go home. We took advantage of that last night and brought them all home.
Since the girls didn’t have any events today, I didn’t take any pictures. But the extension office has a girl who is taking a lot of amazing photos so I saved a few.
Fingers crossed that we can get a little bit of cooler weather to finish the week. Tonight as Harper and I ran in to make sure our goats had water and a clean place to lay, we noticed another family’s goat was down. We worked to get it cooled off and called its owner. I’m not sure if the goat will make it or not. It was a sad situation. I’m not sure if the goat got over heated or had something else wrong. There was water in its pen. But the barn is really hot. I hope it will be ok.
Two more days and then they can come home and be hot in their own pens.











No comments:
Post a Comment