Friday, November 19, 2010

Long week with internet drama

This has been the longest week I can remember since I was a little kid! I don't know why but it has just dragged on and on. We have been experiencing technical difficulties at home, so the teenagers we live with have been very sad...and I have not been blogging either. Actually, though not much has been going on so I wouldn't have much to blog about anyhow!
Tuesday night, Colin wrestled in Rossville. This is a photo of him in what may be the strangest match I have ever seen. Colin is the kid in blue - you might notice that he is in a cradle and is losing the match. The ref called a pin. I thought he lost. So you can imagine my surprise when the ref held Colin's hand up as the winner. Apparently the kid he was wrestling held him wrong, and ended up pinning himself. Do NOT mention that fact to Colin, he called it a defensive pin, and was totally in charge the WHOLE time! He then quoted uncle Jay "nobody asks you HOW you won, they just want to know IF you won!"

Yesterday, Preston had a set of twins over to play after school. They were getting along really well and were including Quincy and everyone seemed happy. Preston came in to ask me to come out and help them tie their shoes since they had been on the trampoline. I told him I would be out in a minute. I walked out the back door just in time to hear him telling one of them "you will just have to have your mom buy you some NEW glasses, cause I can't find them and I don't want to look anymore!" Needless to say, we had to have yet another conversation about how even if it isn't fun to look, sometimes we have to anyway! The kid returned home WITH his glasses!

And that just about sums up our long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment