Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey break's over

I am not sure whether to be happy or sad about our little vacation being over. On one hand, if I had a few more days like the past couple, my to-do list would be non-existent. On the other hand, if we continue to work this hard, we might all be too exhausted to really enjoy the finished projects!




I finally got the little girl's room finished. I did not have to paint it since I had painted not long ago, and Quincy liked the paint colors. That is a good thing or I would still not be done! I am relieved to have this giant project done - this means that all the kids are moved around and into their 'new' rooms. I am not even going to go back to see how long this process has taken (that would just be depressing). The good news is that its DONE and we are pleased with the results! I do feel a little bit like I live in "Rainbow Bright's house" however, as all the rooms are pretty bright and colorful and I am wondering if when we decide to put the house on the market if I will be needing a giant bucket of white paint to tone things down a bit!

All this work has totally exhausted Harper! She could not even stay awake long enough to have her ice cream! I did make her take a bath - but did not have much trouble getting her to go right back to sleep! Poor little girl!

We also cleaned out the attic and re-arranged things up there this weekend. When you do a project like that, you find all sorts of nifty stuff, like daddy's old sunglasses!
Quincy complained that she couldn't see out of them (they are prescription glasses)!

And an engagement announcement from the early 90's! Geez we looked like babies!
We had a jillion places to be today in between the cleaning. I ran some errands in Topeka. Quincy did not want to walk, and I had a huge list, so Colin pushed her in a 2nd cart. This might not have been a great idea? She looked at an older gentleman in a wheelchair and asked him "you wanna race?" the man told her "Bring it on!" At least she is good entertainment for her siblings!
Back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment