Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Break

Harper doing Jim's patented glare!
The kids are out of school for the next 5 days. I am taking a vacation day and then have Thursday and Friday off. I am excited about having a little time to hang out with the kids and I have a little list of projects to finish! I am looking forward to turkey day too!
Colin wrestled at Washburn Rural last night. He won both of his matches. It was a great night for him, but not really a good night for his team as a whole. He has 2 meets left next week and then jr. high wrestling will be done and he will move on to club wrestling. Club wrestling is more individual, and Colin tells me it is harder (the coaching is tougher). He is excited and is really hoping to go to state this year. Preston is also doing club wrestling and he says he can't wait for practices to start next week!
Speaking of Preston, he came out of school today and asked me if his twin friends could come down to watch a movie. I told him they could play outside maybe but that I was trying to clean house and didn't really want them vegging out in the living room. He looked disappointed but said OK. About 20 minutes later, here came the twin friends with popcorn to eat while they watched a movie. Last week's rule - help your friends. This week's rule - ask mom or dad before you invite people over! This friendship thing is really hard! Profound statement of the evening: Madison actually said to me - "are you sure those boys are twins? They don't look anything alike!" I busted up laughing and am still smiling several hours later!!!
Jim, Cam and Preston went to the Sprint Center last night to watch 2 basketball games (Jim's b-day gift). They saw Marquet vrs. Duke and then KSU vrs. Gonzaga. They had such a great time! They made friends with the college guys behind them and had all sorts of crazy stories today! They got home about 1 this morning, so it was a very long day at school (and at Jim's office) but it was worth it they said! Luckily, they can sleep in tomorrow morning (except for Jim - he has to go to work.) They won't be sleeping in too late though because the biggest part of my list includes cleaning the house and I have chore lists for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment