Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday

I have been in the process for several days now of conducting dam inspections. I will be the first one to admit that I don't mind driving around in the country, crawling around on dams, and seeing other people's houses, landscaping, pastures and once in a while I see something kind of cool. I think I have only seen one other bald eagle before today - this guy was just hanging out at one of our dams. Even when we got stuck, and had to put it in 4 wheel drive and made a lot of racket, he just sat up there and watched us. I am not much of a bird lover - but you have to appreciate this one! Maybe I should have been taking photos of dams, debris, outlet channels, and whatever else, but today I got sidetracked - so sue me!

The city has been re-surfacing the streets. I have been laughing about all the kids in the neighborhood out riding bikes, scooters, etc. They have been given a great new free-way with no potholes or loose gravel to wreck in. Even Harper got in on the action! Cam said that pushing her around the block on this little car killed his upper back!

We have been enjoying the wind down of fall activities. Cam's football team got told that they are finished, the last game is not going to pan out. Preston and Quincy have a soccer tourney and their last flag football game this weekend. Colin has his first wrestling tourney this weekend - so I guess this means we are on to winter activities. I am hoping that the weather doesn't hear about this! Mallory and Madison just finished selling Christmas greenery for their Washington DC trip and today they brought home brochures for selling stuff for a band trip. I know that fundraisers must be part of earning money, but I sure get sick of the kids selling stuff! I am going to think long and hard about some sort of fundraising that doesn't involve hitting up my neighbors and family for purchasing some crazy wrapping paper or whatnot. There just has to be a better way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment