Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jr. High League Meet

Colin (in the yellow head gear) wrestled in the Big 7 league meet today. It was the grand finale for Jr. High wrestling. He had a great day! He placed 2nd in the 95 pound "A" bracket. We are very proud of him!

Madison was my official photographer, and she got some great shots! I love this photo of what looks like Colin spitting!


A very sweet pin!

And all season, we have been trying to get a photo of the ref holding up Colin's hand for the sign that he was victorious. Unfortunately, our camera has a slight delay and we have been unable to get the shot. This was pretty close though! Good try Madison. And thank you to both Mallory and Madison for their willingness to go down on the floor and get the great action shots!
Colin of course, is by far not done wrestling for this year, but now we will be able to pick and choose which tournaments he will go to. He is excited to start club practice on Monday. He gets a week off from after school jr high sports and then he will begin basketball practices too. At least he is staying out of trouble right?
While we were at the wrestling tournament, Mallory stayed with Preston and Quincy. They went out to lunch with my sister and saw the "big guy" at the library's Christmas open house. Quincy told me that Santa said she is on the "good list" I mentioned to her that he could always change his mind about that!!
My new nephew got to see Santa too, but I was told that he was not impressed. By the look of this photo I am not sure that it was just that he was uncomfortable as all get out!
I really had every intention of taking the kids to Burlingame's "parade of lights" tonight. However, my kids informed me that they just wanted to stay home. NO PROBLEM! Colin helped Preston and Quincy build a fort out of Quincy's bunk beds. They spent the entire evening up there in their fort, and now they are all sleeping in the fort! I can't imagine that it is comfortable since 3 kids in a single bed just can't be, but they sure were happy about it!
And they very hilariously asked me if they took photos if I would include it on 'the blog' so here it is world, the famous fort of eastern Kansas!



Lovely, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment