Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Band Concert

The SFT high school concert band had their winter concert tonight. I had a conversation with Madison that went something like this:
Madison: We have to wear black and white to the concert and I don't own any black pants or skirts because black is SOOOO boring.
Me: Every wardrobe should have a pair of black pants, but I don't want to go shopping, so see if you can borrow a pair from Mallory.
Madison: Black is boring I don't want to dress in boring colors. I am going to ask Mr. Q if I can just wear a purple dress.
Me: No, you should do as he told you so you don't end up failing band, ask Mallory to borrow her black pants.
Madison: OK but I am protesting because black is a boring color and I don't like black, and black doesn't add any flavor to an outfit and I don't like black, and black is really, really boring and black is the color of the devil, and black is for people who are goth, and black is boring and I don't like to wear black......
As you can see, she did borrow some pants from Mallory and looked very nice! And the band sounded amazing - as usual! I am always impressed!
Since Jim and I were wrestling with Harper and Quincy during the concert, I asked Colin to take some photos for me. As I started to download the photos, I realized the error of my decision. I got some pictures of jr high girls waving, a photo of the back of his wrestling coach's head, some more of jr high girls waving, some of a lady's wedgie, a couple of his hand, and this one. Next time, he will be the one wrestling Harper!!

And speaking of Harper, she had her appointment with the ENT doctor today. To say it was a strange appointment might be an understatement. I had wanted to see the ENT that has seen all the other kids...I like him, he is gentle, and kind and well, I like him. Unfortunately he was booked up for several weeks, but one of his partners could see Harper today. I decided it would be ok, so we went to see the partner today. When I got to the appointment they told me that the partner was called to some surgery or something and I could either reschedule or they could get me in with "the other guy." I told them it is a 40 minute drive, so I would see the new guy- it would be a new doctor for us either way, so I figured it wouldn't matter. When the 'new guy' came in, he looked at me and said - "I know you from somewhere....where are you from?" I just kind of laughed and said I have that kind of a face. He said, "no for real, I am from Carbondale---Hey! I know, you used to cut my hair when I was a kid!" OK so now I know he isn't a real doctor because I can not possibly be old enough to have cut his hair as a kid and have him have gotten all the way through medical school! As it turned out, he was an older kid when I was working in Carbondale, and he graduated with Amy. He assured me he is indeed a doctor, and is going to put tubes in Harper's ears next week. I really hope that they work for Harper as well as they have for Quincy!

1 comment:

  1. your favorite daughterDecember 15, 2010 at 5:01 PM

    #1 BLACK IS BORING
    #2 That is not exactly what I said
    &#3 You should know by now that Colin is not a photographer
    -<3 ur favorite daughter

    ReplyDelete