Thursday, May 2, 2013

RE closing

 Last night was the last night of Religion Ed for this school year.  It was a night dedicated to Mary and the Rosary.  The adults prayed the rosary and for each Hail Mary, the kids brought up flowers.  For every Our Father, one of the older kids brought up a candle.  It was a very moving experience.  The kids really had a nice time, and it was much better than trying to get them to sit still!
 They also made a balloon Rosary, and it was supposed to be let go to gently raise up all the kids intentions. It would have been awesome, but this is Kansas, when has there ever been an evening without wind?  It kind of got whipped into some trees and then into a power line.  It was a really neat thought!  Maybe next year!
And Preston's RE teacher took this photo of him at his First Communion.  She shared it with me.  I love the look on Preston's face...and the fact that Father Kip is obviously still talking!  :)

It has been a really enjoyable RE year for me.  I love working with the kids, and getting to know them.  I helped with Quincy's class.  They are a wild little bunch, and I had my hands full trying to keep them contained while their lessons were going on, but the thing I noticed for sure was that they are a very smart group....even when it seemed they weren't paying attention, they still seemed to be absorbing the lessons.  I am blessed to get to serve the church by doing something that I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment